Patrick is a partner at the Firm with over 25 years of experience. He began with Brickley DeLong following his graduation from Grand Valley State University, and was promoted to partner in 2007.
Serving as an initiator for Brickley DeLong’s international niche, Patrick is well-versed in International Reporting Standard and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Standards. He has experience with both inbound and outbound subsidiaries. Patrick’s services includes: for profit audit supervision of private company engagements, municipal governmental units with enterprise funds, and school districts; management advisory services; and review and preparation of corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns. His industry specializations include manufacturing, construction, logistics, tool and die, furniture, and foreign U.S. subsidiary audits. Patrick also provides QuickBooks technical assistance a variety of clients and holds both beginner and advanced level seminars.
Patrick is married and has three daughters, two that are attending Michigan State, and the other is a senior in high school. In his free time, he enjoys golfing, biking, running, and traveling.
B.B.A., Accounting Emphasis, Grand Valley State University, 1990
Licensed Certified Public Accountants, Michigan, 1992
AICPA IFRS Certified, 2012
Professional and Civic Organizations
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
Articles by Patrick Mutchler
- Are you managing project scope – or is it managing you?
- Seasonal business? Optimize your operating cycle
- Which business entity?
- 2017 – 06/05 – Choosing the best way to reimburse employee travel expenses
- 2017 – 09/05 – Tax planning critical when buying a business
- 4 digital marketing tips for every business
- The “manufacturers’ deduction” isn’t just for manufacturers
- Looking for concentration risks in your supply chain
- What are the most tax-advantaged ways to reimburse employees’ education expenses?
- Mergers and Acquisitions Growing Amongst West Michigan Manufacturers