Managing a construction company today is especially challenging, requiring management’s constant attention to every aspect of the business. Construction companies must establish successful relationships with clients, banks, and bonding companies; adhere to special tax regulations that apply to the construction industry; comply with complex state and federal regulations; exhibit expertise in human-resource issues; and make difficult financial and accounting decisions. And don’t forget, you still need to bid the work, get the work, and then get the work done; all at a profit.
Have you ever considered hiring an accountant that uses both sides of the brain? The Construction Team at Brickley DeLong specializes in providing accounting and business advisory services to the construction industry. Our practice reflects the major forces in the industry: general contractors, heavy-highway & bridge contractors, underground utility contractors, excavators, specialty trade subcontractors, residential home-builders and developers, building material suppliers, and architect and engineering firms.
As construction accountants focused in serving the construction industry for over 30 years, we understand contractors’ unique needs and concerns. Having helped many other construction owners in similar situations provides us with the experience to better serve your needs.
We combine our financial and construction industry experience with creative, strategic thinking – that’s right; we use both sides of the brain. More than just number-crunchers, we’re advisors, predictors, listeners, and thinkers. That provides us the ability to identify problems ahead of time, and propose and implement creative solutions so your business prospers.
We understand that most small and medium sized business owners feel rather isolated and overwhelmed as they try to address all the many facets of running their business. They often need someone they can turn to regularly for advice on all of their most important business and personal decisions. In addition to our financial services, we strive to be your “trusted advisor”. We are reliably on your side and always have your interests at heart. We are committed to finding the best ways to meet your goals.
As specialists in the construction and real estate industry, we have a unique perspective and full appreciation of your day-to-day operational challenges. We stay actively involved in industry trade associations so that we are at the forefront of emerging trends within your industry. Our awareness and understanding translates into innovative and proactive solutions that speak directly to your needs.
SPECIALIZED CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE
Brickley DeLong is deeply committed to serving the construction industry. Our construction industry CPAs actively participate in many of the major construction industry trade associations, as well as national industry-focused power networks. Every one of the CPAs in our Construction Team has extensive training and knowledge of the industry, and includes CCIFP’s (Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional). Our construction accountants and consultants participation in these organizations provides us with a broad, first-hand knowledge of the important issues facing contractors:
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association (CICPAC)
- Institute of Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals (ICCIFP)
- CPAmerica International
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of CPAs (MICPA)
INDUSTRY CLIENTS SERVED
Brickley DeLong knows the construction industry and understands the risks and challenges facing the industry. Our construction and real estate services group serves a wide variety of industry clients throughout Michigan and surrounding states, including:
- General and specialty trade contractors
- Heavy/Highway contractors
- Bridge builders
- Marine contractors
- Underground utility contractors
- Roofing contractors
- Architects and engineers
SERVICES FOR CONSTRUCTION AND REAL ESTATE
As a construction business owner, you know the construction industry because it’s your life 24/7/365. The Construction Team at Brickley DeLong knows it too. We understand the concerns you have regarding proper margins, bonding and surety concerns, managing cash flow across multiple jobs, among other areas. Following is a partial list of our industry-specialized services:
- Job profitability analysis
- Job estimating and costing systems
- Real estate transaction analysis
- Consulting on industry specific tax methods
- Bonding/Surety credit analysis and assistance
- Contractor prequalification analysis and assistance
- Employee benefit programs analysis specific to contractors
- Consulting on business structure and reporting methods
- Evaluation of financing, bonding/prequalification capacity, and cash flow
- Succession and ownership planning
- Business planning with executive and key management
- Risk management, business operations, and technology consulting
- Project cost and overhead allocation analysis
- Prevailing wage consulting
- Benchmarking against best-in-class
- Management reporting
- Certified QuickBooks training/installation