The governmental specialists at Brickley DeLong are committed to offering public sector entities of all types an unparalleled level of experience and expertise. As you deal with lean budgets, constraints, and rising debt, it is our job to offer you sound advice on operations and financial management, so that you may continue to provide quality public services.
Our municipal experts provide each of our governmental clients with personalized accounting and business consulting services geared toward lowering costs and increasing efficiency. We utilize the most current technology and analytical tools and conduct every audit with rigor. As your business partner, we work with you to improve current operations and manage debt, cash flow and risk. We constantly anticipate changes in funding, demand, and reporting requirements, making us one of West Michigan’s most trusted teams of advisors.
Committed to serving local governments throughout West Michigan, Brickley DeLong has a partner who serves on the Michigan Department of Treasury Committee. This advisory committee allows us to be involved with the development of manuals, bulletins and statements affecting municipalities in the State of Michigan. Participation in this committee not only allows us to help shape these initiatives, but also allows us foresight into new requirements and challenges.
Brickley DeLong is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Governmental Audit Quality Center. .
Our governmental services include, but are not limited to:
- Audits and reviews of financial statements
- Single audits of federal award programs
- Internal control reviews
- Budget preparation consulting
- Management consulting
- Regulatory compliance assistance
- Technology consulting
- Management information systems consulting
- Operations improvement consulting
State committees upon which Brickley DeLong has a member:
- Michigan School Business Officials
- Michigan Department of Education Bulletin 1022 Committee
- Michigan Department of Education School Audit Manual Referent Group
- Michigan Committee on Governmental Accounting and Auditing