Business owners and management professionals are constantly looking for ways to better manage their internal control risk and improve efficiency. In many cases a trained outside professional is needed to evaluate the organization’s operations and determine whether or not the appropriate controls are set in place.
Brickley DeLong’s team assesses your business’s internal control system and makes recommendations to address inefficient or ineffective operating procedures to help your organization become stronger and more profitable.
What Brickley DeLong can do for you:
- Provide an analysis of your business internal controls to best meet your risk management and objectives.
- Provide recommendations to strengthen and enhance internal controls in order to reduce risk of error or inappropriate actions including:
- Making certain that transactions are authorized only by those delegated with approval authority.
- Ensuring records are routinely reviewed and reconciled.
- Making sure that equipment, inventories, cash and other property are secured physically, counted periodically, and compared with item descriptions shown on control sheets.
- Provide employees with appropriate training and guidance.
- Document policies and procedures, making them accessible to employees.
- Review operations to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals.
- Detect opportunities for operational process improvement.