Eric began his career at Hoffman, Steensma and Plamondon PLC following graduation from Grand Valley State University. He joined Brickley DeLong in 2005, when Brickley DeLong merged with his previous firm. He was promoted to Partner in 2015.
Eric’s duties with the firm include working with governmental and nonprofit clients to provide assurance services. He serves as the Firm’s A&A Partner, and is responsible for overseeing the Firm Schedule, assisting with coordinating accounting and auditing training, and overseeing the Firm’s annual inspection.
Eric is married, and he and his wife have four daughters.
B.B.A., Accounting Emphasis, Grand Valley State University, 1997
Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Michigan 1999
Professional and Civic Organizations
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
Association of Governmental Accountants (AGA)
Michigan Committee on Governmental Accounting and Auditing Statements (MCGAA)
Articles by Eric VanDop
- How can you take customer service to the next level?
- Strategic Planning for Not for Profits
- GASB 77 Will Require New Tax Incentive Disclosures By Municipalities
- GASB Preliminary Views on Leases and Fiduciary Responsibility
- What are elements of an effective audit committee?
- GASB Pension Changes are Here!
- What are the Seven Audit Risk Areas for 2014?