Brian is a Partner at Brickley DeLong with over twenty years of experience. He began with the Firm following his graduation from Grand Valley State University in 1993, and was promoted to Partner in 2011.
Brian specializes in: supervision of audits and reviews of construction contractors, manufacturers, school districts, and non-profit organizations; management advisory services; and preparation and review of corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns. He is a prior Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and provides QuickBooks technical assistance to clients, as well as QuickBooks seminars. He also serves at the Tax Partner for Brickley DeLong.
He and his wife Shelley have been married for 17 years, and they have three sons. In his free time, Brian enjoys a wide-variety of activities with his kids, such as 4-H, kayaking, hunting, and fishing.
B.B.A., Accounting Emphasis, Grand Valley State University, 1993
Licensed Certified Public Accountants, Michigan, 1995
Professional and Civic Organizations
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
Michigan Department of Education A-1333 Referent Group – Member
Michigan School Business Officials – Member
Concern International Inc. – President
Muskegon County Fair Association – Treasurer
Ravenna Youth Football Club – Past Treasurer
Articles by Brian McFarren
- Reviewing Cost-Plus vs. Fixed Price Contracts
- Updates Available: Hot Apps for Contractors
- 2017 – 06/12 – Dot the “i’s” and cross the “t’s” on loans between your business and its owners
- 2017 – 06/26 – 3 breaks for business charitable donations you may not know about
- The Section 1031 exchange: Why it’s such a great tax planning tool
- Reporting Unclaimed Property
- Form 5278 Filing Deadline Extension – May 31, 2017
- IRS 13 Targeted “Campaigns” for Large Businesses
- FLSA Overtime Rule Blocked
- Misleading Annual Records Solicitation Form