Tim is a partner at the Firm with over 40 years experience. He began his career at Price Waterhouse and Co. in 1975. He joined Brickley DeLong PC in 1980, was promoted to partner in 1985, and served as managing partner from 2008-2015. Now, Tim’s focus is highly concentrated on client services and the Firm’s marketing and business development programs.
His specialties include audit, review, and compilation services; business consulting; and private company and individual tax services. Tim oversees the Firm’s Accounting and Auditing practice, which includes research and implementation of new accounting and auditing standards; quality control policies and practices; and the Firm’s continuing education programs.
His leadership skills prove noteworthy through his sincere dedication to clients, development of Firm professionals, commitment to the Firm’s sustainability, and involvement in community service. He has been a groundbreaker in Brickley DeLong’s international niche and next generation initiative. In January 2015, he was appointed to the CPAmerica International’s Board of Directors.
- B.A., Economics and Business Administration, Albion College, 1973
- M.A., Accountancy, Bowling Green State University, 1975
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Michigan, 1976
Professional and Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Michigan Department of Education Accounting Committee
- CPAmerica International Board of Directors
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce – Regional Issues Council
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce – CEO Roundtable
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation Board
- Mercy Health Philanthropy Executive Committee
- Reeths-Puffer Scholars Foundation
- Rotary Club of Muskegon – Treasurer
Articles by Timothy Arter
- Reshaping the Future for Port of Muskegon
- Developing the Next Generation of Finance Leaders
- Delegation: The Essential Leadership Skill
- IMF Lowers Forecast for Global Economic Growth
- 7 Member Benefits of CPAmerica International
- AICPA Standards Change
- What are 5 steps for Implementing a Corporate Ethics Policy?
- Why are 1,100 High-Ranking Accountants Optimistic About the U.S. Economy?