Tom is a partner at Brickley DeLong with over 35 years’ experience in public accounting. In 2004, he opened his own firm, Vereecke Simescu and Associates. And, in December 2011, Vereecke Simescu and Associates merged with Brickley DeLong and now serves as the Firm’s Grand Rapids office location.
Tom’s services include: audit supervision of private company engagements, management advisory services, and review and preparation of corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns. Tom is also the Firm’s sole Certified Valuation Analyst and manages Brickley DeLong’s Valuation niche. He assists clients: when considering to buy a business or sell a business, in performing estate or gift planning, when seeking additional financing, and when addressing divorce determinations or contemplating reorganization.
In his free time, Tom enjoy biking, kayaking, backpacking, and visiting his children who are out of state. He and his wife Carol have three sons, one daughter, and two granddaughters.
B.S. in Business Administration, Aquinas College, 1977
Licensed Certified Public Accountants, Michigan, 1980
Certified Valuation Analyst, 2010
Professional and Civic Organizations
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
National Association of Certified Valuator and Analysis – Member
Michigan Certified Public Accountants Task Force
Notre Dame Alumni Association, Grand Rapids area – Board member (subway alumni)
Aquinas College Alumni Association Advising Board
Steepletown Ministries – Board member
Articles by Thomas Vereecke
- 2017 – 06/28 – Why business owners should regularly upgrade their accounting software
- It may be time for your company to create a strategic IT plan
- What can a valuation expert do for your succession plan?
- Don’t make hunches — crunch the numbers
- The Cost of Converting from a C to S Corporation
- New Growth to Grand Rapids West Side
- GR Airport Experiencing New Autonomous Airport Authority
- What are Top 5 Divorce Tax and Financial Planning Tips?
- What are the IRS 2014 Per Diem Rates for Business Travel?